YAY!!!!!! I’m IT!! I was semi-reccently tagged in a blog tagging game by Jae Lei Nyght and it seemed fun so I answered 🙂 It’s a great way to get to know one another without feeling obligated to answer so here goes …
First and Foremost
The Blog Tag Rules
1. Post the rules
2. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post
3. Create eleven new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged (or use the existing ones)
4. Tag (eleven) people with a link to your post
5. Let them know they’ve been tagged
Jae Lei Nyght’s Questions and My Answers
1. What are five things you love most about yourself?
- I can get along with almost anyone
- I tend to have a “sixth sense” of sorts about certain people
- I’m feisty
- I can be a hard worker (when I want to)
And last but not least (as vain as it is)
- I LOVE my hair (Seriously, people are not allowed to touch my hair easily)
2. What is your fondest memory
Sitting and watching “Walker Texas Ranger” with my gran late at night while my aunts would complain it was waaay past my bedtime. ( I was like 5 or 6 – and it was a tradition of sorts my grandmother and I shared)
3. When you think of home, what do you see, taste, feel?
I think of how I would spend my weekends and holidays staying at my grandmother’s house with my two aunts. I see the love we shared for one another, laughing, crying ( I cired a lot – especially when my aunt would put me on the “high” – not that high actually – counter to force me to study the months of the year and the times table) , I taste the awful taste of vegetables ( I’m not the biggest veggie fan but I was bribed with chocolate to eat my veg .. so even if it took me an hour – which it sometimes did- I ate my veg) and I FEEL the love we share… My ma (or Grandmother) passed away in 2006 and it somehow brought us closer together. I love my aunts more than anything and I know I could never repay them for what they’ve done for me
4. Pretend you’re a stranger reading your blog. What is one word you would use to describe it?
5. “To be or not to be, that is the question?” by William Shakespeare What does this quote mean to you?
To me, it means I need to live MY life to the fullest. . I need to “BE” NO ONE else but ME. I will not spend it trying to emulate others because of “trends”. I need to “BE” all I can or rather not exist. Life is a precious gift that was not meant to be wasted and being anything less than MYSELF would be a tragedy. I am ME and that’s the best person I could ever be.
6. If you could go back in time, where would you go? And why?
I would like to go to the 1995 Rugby World Cup match in South Africa, I’m not a big Rugby fan (I don’t understand the rules etc of the game) but that was an amazing moment in South African history. That was the moment when a nation truly became united regardless of colour.
7. If you could undo one thing from your past, what would it be?
I wouldn’t undo anything (except maybe letting my mother see that love bite by accident – VERY awkward explanation). Everything that has happened to me has made me who I am. It’s made me stronger and wiser ( MUCH wiser) and I doubt i’d survive without the knowledge I’d gained from it all.
8. What’s your favorite color and why?
I like black but technically black isn’t a colour, so all colours I suppose. I like the colour black simply because it goes with EVERYTHING (In terms of clothing) but otherwise anything moderately vibrant and upbeat but then again it is all dependent on my mood.
9. They say you can tell a lot about a person by the company they keep. What is one attribute about your best friend or spouse that is most similar to you?
There is no one attribute. My best friend could be my twin, if it wasn’t for the fact she is older and well, white. It’s actually scary how alike we are. We also balance each other out, when she’s feeling insane, I’m the sane one. When I feel depro, she is the bundle if happiness I need and vice versa. We can act like meerkats while guy spotting and just mention one thing (ie. Blue shirt, my left etc) and we’ll know exactly who the other is talking about.
10. If you could have one power in the world what would it be and why?
I would want to be able to shape shift into ANYTHING because there would be nothing more badass than shifting into a fire breathing dragon, with poisonous claws and a wickedly spiked tail, to scare the shit outta the asshole who is bugging you or your friend. Also it would be SUPER epic to shift into any animal (except insects, I have this tendency to freak out when i’m around insects or well when they are around me .. if I could climb walls I would, ANYTHING to get away).
And last but not least
11. Imagine one loving message you could give to the world, right now. What would it be?
Life is unpredictable and it will throw things at you (literally and figuratively), things that you’d wish you never had the misfortune to encounter but it will make you stronger and wiser, but without love and friendship, strength and wisdom will mean nothing. It will amount to nothing.
Be strong, be wise but most of all be the person that can say without a doubt, “I have love in my life” , be it the love of friends or a loved one.
I would just like to thank Jae Lei Night for tagging me in this game. It is an honour in a way, and it’s also one of those “YAY! I’m part of something ‘More’” moments.
My 11 questions.
1. If you could be anyone who would you be and why?
2. What would you do if you had 1 million (of whatever currency it is you have in your country)?
3. List 5 things about you that very few people know.
4. What is one of your fondest memories?
5. What made you decide to blog?
6. What are (were) your dreams and goals for your future?
7. If you could be any animal, what would you be any why?
8. What qualities do you look for in friends?
9. What do you think is your main “fault”? (ie. I’m too trusting)
10. If you travel into the future, what would you do?
11. Why do you blog about the topics you blog about?
My 11 People
1. Literally Laurie
2. Project Bass
3. Just Dan93
4. Tebogo Ndlovu
6. Organised Chaos
7. Coco J Ginger
8. I am Gerry
9. Arlen Shahverdyan
11. Memoirs of a Dragon
Please remember that you are not obligated in any way to answer and actually continue said blog tagging. No one is going to haunt you for not continuing, you will not have 7 years bad luck nor will you wake up to see the chick from “The Ring” staring at you. NOTHING bad is going to happen to you if you don’t continue (I’m seriously still waiting to die from all the other things I never passed on – I wonder what will get to me first … The chick from “The Ring” or all the bad luck I’ve accumulated )
Have fun and enjoy it 🙂
If you have any more questions for me, please don’t hesitate to ask